A Happy and Healthy You This Winter
Self-care practices go beyond the occasional at-home spa night, especially during the winter. Shorter days and colder nights can lead to unwanted seasonal depression and taking care of yourself can keep your mind calm during the winter months.
Indulging in self-care practices certainly won’t fix everything but doing what you can to feel better in small ways is still a valid practice. It's important to check in with yourself, address your needs, and figure out what you can do to feel your best.
If you're looking for ways to treat yourself to some serious self-care, this list of ideas will help you put yourself first.
- Meditate do energizing yoga poses for five minutes every morning
- Cancel everything that does doesn’t spark joy
- Make yourself a Zen sanctuary that you can return to in times of stress
- Keep a journal…and jot down something that resonated from your day
- Ready! Set! Digital Detox! and find some time to unplug
- Give yourself time in the morning to have a full breakfast with protein and veggies
- Consider the things you want to change about yourself. Set a realistic goal and keep track of your progress
- Do a relaxing face mask once a week
- Do something you used to love when you were a kid
- Cook a meal with only the shit you have in your house right now
- Sing! Dance! To your hearts content
- Declutter your closet and donate the things you don't wear anymore
- Get enough sleep. Your immune system could suffer without it
- Utilize your vacation days, even if you're not going anywhere
- Keep your mind active by learning something new e.g., language, instrument etc.