Get Your Home Fall Ready!
Cooler weather and everything pumpkin spice is around the corner. It’s that time to get the house ready making it warm and cozy. Here are a few things we like to do to prepare for the coming months:
- Plant your spring flowers now in the fall. This is the perfect time to plant tulips or lilies that will eventually grow and bloom next spring.
- Stock up firewood. With COVID, a lot of people have been purchasing fire pits to extend their time spent outdoors. This is a good time to stock up on your wood pile for your outdoor fire-pit and eventually your indoor fireplace.
- Store your garden hose and shut off valves on water supply lines that lead to the exterior faucet. This will guard against any leaks inside the walls.
- Hang door wreaths with autumn like flowers and leaves, fall berries, mini gourds. We love these simple welcoming door wreaths which bring together beautiful fall colours before that invite folks into your home
- Take out your cozy blankets and pillows. Give them a good clean and store them in wicker baskets and keep them ready for those cooler nights
- Organize your closet with fall hats, scarves, shoes and jackets so you are ready to go when the Canadian weather changes (which can feel like multiple times in a single day.
- Bring some of the outdoors inside with fall décor including pumpkins or fall foliage, in addition, display some gourds in the kitchen. This adds pops of fall colour to your kitchen and it’s easy to put together
At the OLVE, we independently select and write about stuff we love and think you'll like too. We are not affiliated nor do we have an advertising partnerships with the brands we may feature.