From spooky ideas that'll force you to squeeze up next to each other, to outdoorsy date ideas like bonfires and star gazing, there are so many things you can do during the fall months. And after literally skipping a year of seasonal activities, you're kind of obligated to do them all.
1. Go to a farmers market and buy seasonal fruits, veggies, artisanal cheese, freshly baked bread.... because the weather is perfect and you deserve it. And it's the perfect place to get fresh ingredients to make a date night meal.
2. Get outside! Whether its stargazing at night or enjoying a backyard bonfire. Cuddle up with some warm blankets and your favorite treats, then enjoy a day/night of talking and spending quality time together.
3. Create your own Oktoberfest in your backyard, just load up on some soft pretzels, craft beers and spiced apple cider. Use this time to reconnect and enjoy each other's company (without any interruptions from the kids)
4. Grab the popcorn - and each other - watch a Halloween movie at a drive-in. If not, grab a projector and your wall and create in-home experience
5. Get spooked at a haunted house or go on a ghost tour. Nothing brings two people closer than clinging onto one another while you face your fears. Tis the season, so embrace all the Halloween themed events - a local haunted house, or spooky events taking place at amusement parks such as Halloween Haunt at Wonderland and others.
Whatever you decide to do - make sure you make the time. That is most important. More often than not, we take our time together for granted and always promise to do something later or tomorrow - but why wait. You don't have to make the time you spend together fancy or complicated - you just need each other and some time.
At the OLVE, we independently select and write about stuff we love and think you'll like too. We are not affiliated nor do we have an advertising partnerships with the brands we may feature.